On this sad occasion,We present our condolences to ProphetMohammad(sawaw), Imam-e-Zamana(a.s.), the Ahl-e-Bait(a.s.) and all momineen and mominaat. Please offer special prayers and nazrana on this day.
26th Rajab 1429 A.H. - Death anniversary of Hazrat Abu
Talib(a.s.) - Mohsin-e-Islam and protector of Prophet Mohammad(sawaw). Another date quoted in history is that of 25th of Rabi-al-Awwal.
Hazrat Abu Talib(a.s.) – Mohsin-e-Islam
Hazrat Abu Talib(a.s.) was the uncle of our beloved Prophet Mohammad(sawaw) who took the responsibility of bringing up and nurturing the holy Prophet(sawaw). Right from the beginning, he protected the Prophet with all his energy. He was also the father of Imam Ali(a.s.).
In Sura waz-Zuha, Allah(swt) says: “Alam yajidka yateeman fa aawa” – “Did he not find you orphan and give you shelter?” (93,6). In major tafaseer of both Shia and Sunni ulemas, it is stated that this ayat refers to the protection and shelter provided by Hazrat Abu Talib(a.s.) when the Prophet became an orphan. Thus, this act of Hazrat Abu Talib(a.s.) was called by Allah(swt) His(swt) own act.
After the famous incident when Prophet Mohammad(sawaw) refused the offers of money, marriage and status from the Mushrikeen-e-Makkah, Hazrat Abu Talib(a.s.) gave his full support to the Prophet(sawaw) and provided him protection in that delicate era of Islam.
During the most troublesome days of Shaib Abi Talib, Hazart Abu Talib(a.s.) led the Quraish into isolation upon social boycott by the Mushrakeen-e-Makkah. During those three years, he used to place his sons in sleeping place of Prophet Mohammad(sawaw) during the night so that if there was an attack then his sons would be killed but the Prophet of Islam would be saved.
Hazrat Abu Talib(a.s.) – Momin-e-Quraish
Some people object that Hazrat Abu Talib(a.s.) never accepted Islam and never recited Kalma. I am quite amazed at their comments since they themselves never recited Kalma to become Muslims. Those born in Muslim families do not need to recite Kalma to become Muslims. There are no traditions in my knowledge that Imam Ali(a.s.) ever recited Kalma to become a Muslim. The one who has been a non-Muslim before really needs to recite Kalma to become a Muslim.
Now consider the following:
- Hazrat Abu Talib(a.s.) was the one who hosted the first dawah of Islam in his house – Dawat Zul Asheera. All the Dawahs hosted by any muslim now a days are in fact Sunnat of Hazrat Abu Talib(a.s.).
- He was the one who arranged the marriage of Prophet Mohammad(sawaw) with Hazrat Khadija(a.s.).
- He was the one who recited the Nikah of the Holy Prophet(sawaw) and that Nikah started with Hamd of Allah(swt) and praise for His Prophet(sawaw). It also referred to the Prophet-hood of Hazrat Ibrahim(a.s.), the Holy books sent by Allah(swt) and all praise to Allah(swt) to have ordained Hazrat Abu Talib(a.s.) in the progeny of Hazrat Ibrahim(a.s.).
Just a word of thought for the objectionist – if Hazrat Abu Talib(a.s.) was not a muslim then how did Prophet Mohammad(sawaw) accept a Mushrik (Naozo billah) to recite his Nikah and even if it were so, why don’t the objectionists follow this Sunnat of the Holy Prophet(sawaw) now.
- He was the one who paid the Mehr of Hazrat Khadija on behalf of Prophet Mohammad(sawaw).
- According to Quranic instruction, a Muslim women cannot remain in the Nikah of a non-Muslim after accepting Islam neither can live with a non-Muslim. Hazrat Bibi Fatima bint-e-Asad remained in the Nikah of Hazrat Abu Talib(a.s.) until his death.
Another word of thought for the objectionist: It is accepted by all sects that Hazrat Bibi Fatima bint-e-Asad had accepted Islam so how did the Prophet(bpuh&hf) allow her to stay with Hazrat Abu Talib(a.s.)?
- As I stated above, Allah(swt) calls the protection of Hazrat Abu Talib(a.s.) as His(swt) own protection. In the entire Quran there is not one mention of any act of a Mushrik that Allah(swt) has called His own act.
- Finally, Prophet Mohammad(sawaw) has stated in a hadith that on the day of judgment the one who raises an orphan will be together with me in the heaven as these two fingers are (pointing to his two fingers). Now where would be the one who raised the orphan who became the Prophet of Islam?
Hazrat Khadija(a.s.) and Hazrat Abu Talib(a.s.) died in the same year and the Prophet Mohammad(sawaw) was so saddened by their demise that he declared the year as Aam-ul-Huzn - the year of mourning.
H. Abu Talib A.S. supported the Holy Prophet of Islam(S.A.W.W.) in all difficult situations
He left this world on 26th Rajab, three years before the Hijrah of the Holy Prophet of Islam(S.A.W.W.)
The Holy Prophet of Islam(S.A.W.W.) was deeply grieved and named this year as "The Year of Sadness".
In 570 A.D. the Abyssinian Armies under the leadership of Abraha attacked the Holy Mecca to demolish the Kaaba. Abdul-Muttalib, our Master Muhammad's (S.A.W.W.)grandfather, the Master of Makkah, went round the Kaaba praying to Allah, the Almighty, to prevent the invaders from demolishing the House which Ibraheem al-Khaleel(A.S.) and his son Ismael(A.S.) built for people to worship Allah only. Allah, the Almighty, accepted Abdul-Muttallib's prayers.
So, when the elephants and the soldiers advanced to demolish the Kaaba, Ababil birds carrying stones in their beaks appeared in the horizon. They began dropping the stones which destroyed the army of Abraha. So, the invaders around the Kaaba were defeated. That year was named the Year of the Elephant. H. Abu-Talib a.s. was thirty years of age. Allah, the Almighty, has mentioned this event in the Holy Koran:* In the Name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful 'Have you not considered how your Lord dealt with the possessors of the elephant? Did he not cause their war to end in confusion* And send down (to prey) upon them birds in flocks, casting them against stones of backed clay* So, he rendered them like straw eaten up?'
When H. Abu-Talib a.s. was over eighty years of age, he became very ill and was confined to bed. He thought about nothing but our Master Muhammad (S.A.W.W.). He knew that after his death, the Quraish would fear no one and they would try their best to kill his nephew. The Quraishi leaders even came to visit Shaikh al-Batha (title given to H. Abu Talib A.S.). They said: Abu-Talib, you're our Shaikh and Master. Put an end to the enmity between your nephew and us. Tell him to stop hurting us. We'll stop hurting him. Tell him to leave us with our religion. We'll leave him with his religion.
Abu-Talib a.s. looked at Abu-Jahl, Abu-Sufyan, and other Quraishi leaders and said to them faintly: If you listen to Muhammad's words and obey his orders, you'll be happy. So, obey him and get happiness in here and hereafter. The atheists and infidels stood up. Abu-Jahl said with spite: Do you want us to make the gods one god? Abu-Talib was sad at the Quraishi stand. He was very anxious about our Master Muhammad's safety. So, he invited Bani-Hashim and asked them to support our Master Muhammad (S.A.W.W.) at any cost. They all agreed. Then Abu-Talib closed his eyes to die soundly. Shaikh al-Batha became silent, he became motionless. His son Ali(A.S.) wept bitter tears. Sad cries spread all over Makkah.
The atheists rejoiced at his death. Abu-Jahl angrily said: It's time to get my revenge on Muhammad. Our Master Muhammad (S.A.W.W.) came to say his final farewell to his uncle. He kissed Abu-Talib's bright forehead and murmured sadly: Uncle, may Allah have mercy on you. You guided me when I was young, looked after me when I became an orphan, and supported me when I was growing-up. May Allah reward you a lot. Then he burst into tears. He began recalling the days of his childhood with his kind uncle. He embraced his cousin Ali(A.S.). They began weeping together........Inna Lillahi Wa Inna Ilayhi Rajiun.
- December (1)
- November (22)
- October (13)
- September (11)
- August (23)
- July (6)
- June (10)
- May (7)
- April (71)
- March (19)
- February (13)
- January (7)
- December (79)
- November (5)
- October (11)
- September (9)
- Islamic Marriage
- Moral Virtues Of Lady Fatimah(sa)
- Morality Of Imam Hasan
- Introduction to Global Economic Solution
- The Relationship between the Qur'an and the Progen...
- Debate: Was Muhammad a Prophet of God?
- THE JOURNEY OF DEATH
- 13th, 14th and 15th of Rajab - Ayyamul Bayz
- Ali’s(as) Generosity and Magnanimity
- Miraculous Words of Ali-"Nahaj al Balagha" part 1
- Wafat of Hazrat Abu Talib (A.S.), the father of th...
- Miraculous Words of Ali-"Nahaj al Balagha" part 2
- Benefits of Reciting Surah Noor
- Why do the Shi'ah Combine Prayers?
- 124 ebooks added on ziaraat.com
- The Invocation of Shaban
- Regular A'amal -SHA’-BAAN
- The life of Imam Husain ('a)
- Think, before envying the position of your fellow ...
- 4th Shabaan - Wiladat of Hazrat Abbas ibn-e-Ali(a....
- Dajjal Coming-Government Plans to Track your every...
- Christian Scientists are Declaring the Quraan is f...
- MUNTAKHAB AL-ASAR
- NAHRE FURAT KARBALA
- July (18)
- June (9)
- May (42)