Raising Hands In Prayer

Bismillah Hir Rahmaan Nir Raheem
Assalaamu alaykum wa rahmatuallahi wa barakatuhu
Ali [May Allah be pleased with him] was in Basra after the death of Rasoolullah sallalahu alaihi wa sallam .He raised his hands during salah in each rising and bowing.But some Sahaba did not raised their hands although they agreed Ali 's [May Allah be pleased with him] prayer was like the prayer of Rasoolullah sallalahu alaihi wa sallam.Those who raise their hands are following Sunnah and those who dont they prayers are also valid .
Sahih Al-Bukhari HadithHadith 1.751 Narrated byImran bin Husain[May Allah be pleased with him]
I offered the prayer with 'Ali[May Allah be pleased with him] in Basra and he made us remember the prayer which we used to pray with Allah's Apostle sallalahu alaihi wa sallam. 'Ali [May Allah be pleased with him] said Takbir on each rising and bowing.


Sahih Al-Bukhari HadithHadith 1.789 Narrated byMutarrif[May Allah be pleased with him]
'Imran [May Allah be pleased with him] and I prayed behind 'Ali bin Abi Talib [May Allah be pleased with him] and he said Takbir on prostrating, on rising and on getting up after the two Rakat (i.e. after the second Rak'a). When the prayer was finished, 'Imran [May Allah be pleased with him] took me by the hand and said, "He ('Ali) [May Allah be pleased with him] has prayed the prayer of Muhammad"sallalahu alaihi wa sallam (or said, "He made us remember the prayer of Muhammad)."sallalahu alaihi wa sallam.

Sahih Al-Bukhari HadithHadith 1.702 Narrated bySalim bin Abdullah
My father said, "Allah's Apostle used to raise both his hands up to the level of his shoulders when opening the prayer; and on saying the Takbir for bowing. And on raising his head from bowing he used to do the same and then say 'Sami a-l-lahu Liman hamida, Rabbana walaka-l-hamd.' And he did not do that (i.e. raising his hands) in prostrations."


--
Surah Isra 17 verse 80 Say: "O my Lord! let my entry be by the Gate of Truth and Honor and likewise my exit by the Gate of Truth and Honor; and grant me from Thy Presence an authority to aid (me)."

Ameen
Transliteration :Wa qur rabbi adkhilni mudkhala sidqiw wa akhrijni mukhraja sidqiw wa-j'al li mil ladunka sulta_nan nasira_(n).

Al-Tirmidhi HadithHadith 2482 Narrated by AbuHurayrah (May Allah be pleased with him)
Allah's Messenger (peace be upon him) used to say, " O Allah, grant me benefit in what Thou hast taught me, teach me what will benefit me, and increase my knowledge. Praise be to Allah in all circumstances. I seek refuge in Allah from the state of those who go to Hell."
Tirmidhi and Ibn Majah transmitted it, Tirmidhi saying this is a tradition whose isnad is gharib.

Ameen

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mastrubation is a major sin (Gunah-e-Kabira)

[shia_strength] Hazrat Imam Muhammad Taqi (A.S.) the Repository of Divine Knowledge

Benefits of Reciting Surah Noor