Wives and Good Treatment to Their Husbands

Wives and Good Treatment to Their Husbands

Allah (s.w.t.) said: "And among His Signs is this, that He created for you mates from among yourselves, that ye may dwell in tranquility with them, and He has put love and mercy between your (hearts): verily in that are Signs for those who reflect."

Sura al-Room, No. 30, Verse 21

When the Holy Prophet (p.b.u.k.) received some information from 'Umm Salamah about 'Uthman ibn Maz'un, he set out towards his followers and, (addressing some of them), said: "Do you keep away from (your) wives? Surely, I go to women, I eat food during the day, and I sleep at night. So, he who turns away from my way of life is not of me."

Bihar-ul-Anwar, vol. 93, p. 73

Imam Sadiq [a] said: "He who abandons marriage for the fear of the expenses imposed on him, mistrusts Allah, Almighty and Glorious."

Man La Yahduruhul Faqih, vol. 3, p. 385

It is narrated from Imam Rida [a] that Imam Sadiq [a], in answer to a woman who wanted not to marry in order to gain a great virtue, said: "Do not do that, because if it was a virtue, Fatimah (May God bless her and give her peace) would be more competent than you, and, surely, there is none (of women) who can excel her in any virtue."

Bihar-ul-Anwar, vol. 103, p. 219

Imam Sadiq [a] is narrated to have said that three women came to the Holy Prophet [s] and said that their husbands avoided eating meat or using perfume or approaching their wives. Then, (protesting their behaviour), he [s] hastened to come out and went up in the pulpit and, after praising Allah said: "What has happened to some groups of my followers that they do not eat meat, do not utilize perfume, and avoid approaching their wives?

AI-Kafi, vol. 5, p. 496

Imam Sadiq [a] said that when Uthman ibn Maz'un's wife announced to the Prophet [s] that her husband was always busy fasting and praying day and night without paying attention to his life and wife, the Prophet [s] went unto his house and found him praying. When 'Uthman finished his prayer, the Messenger of Allah [s] said: "O' 'Uthman, Allah has not sent me for monkery but appointed me for a fluent, easy religion (which protects the rights of the body and soul). I fast, keep up prayers, and associate with my family. Then, he who likes my way and my creed, must follow my way of life, my Sunnah; and, verily, marriage is of my Sunnah."

AI-Kafi, vol. 5, p.494

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mastrubation is a major sin (Gunah-e-Kabira)

[shia_strength] Hazrat Imam Muhammad Taqi (A.S.) the Repository of Divine Knowledge

124 ebooks added on ziaraat.com